15 Basic Traveling formalities to USA

By PurpleD, June 25, 2017

Basic traveling formalities to USA

    1. Check with the American Embassy or consulate office in your country if you need to have a passport that is valid only for the duration of your stay, or if you need one that lasts longer than that. There are certain countries whose travelers must have their passports last at least 6 months more than the last day of their visit in the country.
    2. Along with passport, the other important document you need to have is the visa permit. Classic visas have been replaced by the electronic passports, known as e-Passports. These are embedded with an electronic chip and help in reducing several immigration regulations that can be avoided.
    3. To avail the benefits on an e-passport, you must undergo a full electronic scan before you get on to your plane or boat to the USA. The authorities to travel with an e-passport and under the Visa Waiver program are granted by theElectronic System for Travel Authorities (ESTA). It is a good practice to apply for this kind of travel at least 3-4 days before the date of travel so you can complete all formalities with ease.
    4. Airline and ship companies will deny you the right to fly if you have opted for the Visa Waiver Program but don’t have the necessary ESTA. But the good news is that once received, ESTA is valid for a period of two years. While applying for one, be sure to avoid typo errors, such as replacing the number zero (0) with the alphabet “o”.
    5. Canadian citizens don’t need an ESTA to enter the USA, but those who have obtained permanent residence must get the ESTA to travel to the USA. There have been certain changes in the Visa Waiver program post-September 2011, though. Those who have traveled to Iran, Syria, Somalia, Sudan, Yemen, or Iraq must apply for a regular visa as they cannot use the Visa Waiver program.
    6. Those who have UK passports that are endorsed as British Subject, British Dependent Territories Citizen, British Overseas Citizen, British Protected Person, or British National (Overseas) Citizen do not automatically qualify for the visa-free travel.

What do you think?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WP Facebook Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com